Eastmont Health Services Department provides a comprehensive program of services that encompasses prevention, early detection and management of health and safety issues by providing health services, health education and a healthy environment for the students and staff of the Eastmont School District.
Eastmont School District Health Services employs six school nurses.
Please contact your child's school if you would like to talk directly to your child's nurse
The Role of the School Nurse:
- develop Emergency Care Plans (ECP’s) for students with life-threatening situations (e.g., severe asthma, seizures, bee stings, nut allergies and diabetics)
- develop Individual Health Plans (IHP’s) for medically fragile students
- care for students who become ill or injured at school
- provide input and training for staff in working with student’s and their individual health needs
- act as a liaison with families, students and the medical community
- State mandated screenings for vision and referrals
- assisting families in accessing medical and dental care
- closely work with the local public health department in the prevention and management of communicable diseases