6th Grade Optional Instrumental and Choral Music
Students have the option of participating in Band, Choir, or Strings at one of the Jr High Schools during their 6th Grade Year. This occurs daily during 1st period 7:45-8:44am. Students may ride the secondary bus route to the Junitor High Schools and then they will be transported to their Elementary School at the conclusion. Typically, students arrive at their Elementary School around 9:05am. Want more info?: 6th Grade Instrumental and Choral Flyer (coming soon).
Sign Up Below:
ParentSquare Sign Up Form available until August 11th (Click here). Please note - must have a ParentSquare account to sign up.
After August 11th: Please contact the Jr High Registrar below:
- Choir @ Sterling Jr High: Amanda Walker, firstname.lastname@example.org, (509) 884-7115
- Band and Strings at Eastmont Jr High: Traci Bolding, email@example.com, (509) 884-2407
- How do the students learn about these music options? Each Spring, the Jr High Band, Choir, and Strings teachers visit and/or share information with all 5th grade students.
- How do I sign my student up? Each Spring a sign up form is sent to parents via ParentSquare. If you missed the deadline, please contact the teacher below of the program your student is interested.
- What instruction will my student miss at their Elementary School? Students will miss either a portion (approximately half) of 6th Grade Specialists (Music or PE) or Academic Intervention. This varies by school. Please contact your child's elementary school for more information.
- Which school will my student attend?
- Band: Eastmont Jr High School with Ms. Jacqueline Vandeman
- Choir: Sterling Jr High School with Mrs. Ami Vandersluis
- Strings: Eastmont Jr High School with Ms. Mika Armaly
- Must I buy or rent an instrument? Typically, students must either own or rent the instrument they will use. However, some instruments are available for checkout to students. Please do not purchase or rent an instrument before you have test-played with the teachers. Rental information will be sent home in the fall.
- Will 6th Grade students be mixed with 7th-9th graders? Before school, all grade students will have the opportunity to eat breakfast together and socialize. Additional supervision will be present in the 6th grade area. These 6th Grade Band, Choir, and Strings classes will typically be limited to just 6th Grade Students.
Questions about the music classes? Please contact the music teacher above.
Questions about the schedule? Please contact the principal at your child's school or Jr High School.