What is a Strategic Plan?
Eastmont School District has launched a strategic planning process to develop a 3-5 year plan that outlines a shared vision for the school district and goals for student achievement. The Strategic Plan document will include Eastmont School District’s goals, the priorities to achieve those goals, and metrics used to measure progress on those goals.
The District’s goal is to lead a process that reflects the values of the district: inclusion of community voice, focus on students, transparency, and not being afraid to be vulnerable and honest. We hope the plan will be a reflection of our belief that the Eastmont schools belong to the community.
By the end of the process, the district's strategic plan will serve as a roadmap for accomplishing goals that embrace the diverse voices that make up the district’s community, and will mobilize all stakeholders to take courageous action at all levels.
Who creates the Strategic Plan?
Reviews the progress of the Strategic Planning process, provides feedback, and holds the authority to adopt the FINAL Strategic Plan
Strategic Planning Committee (SPC)
Develop and recommend a final draft of the Strategic Plan to the Board
District Leadership & Small Work Groups
Provide support in the planning process (e.g. refine and consolidate the work of the SPC, analyze and provide data, gather input from ALL constituents)
Stakeholders (students, parents, families, community)
Provide feedback and input in various formats throughout the entire process to the SPC
Timeline & Progress
Purpose of Session 3
- Revise/Finalize Mission and Core Beliefs
- Draft Goals
Documents for Session 3
Purpose of Session 4
- Revise/Finalize Goals (4-6 goals)
- Review of Draft Measures(created by District Leadership/Small Work Groups)
- Draft Pillars (District Leadership/Small Work Groups will draft Professional Practices, Strategic Priorities, Key Actions)
Documents for Session 4
Purpose of Session 5
- Revise/Finalize Measures (input from District Leadership/Small Work Groups)
- Review/Finalize Pillars
- Review/Finalize Professional Practices, Strategic Priorities, Key actions (created by District Leadership and Small Work Groups)
Documents for Session 5
Purpose of Session 6
- Finalize ENTIRE Strategic Plan for recommendation to the Board
Documents for Session 6
Linda McKay, Deputy Superintendent, North Central ESD
Bill Eagle, Executive Director of Student Success & Learning, North Central ESD
Questions or Comments
Please contact Eastmont School District Superintendent Becky Berg at 509-884-7169 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.