Running Start Qualifications:
To qualify for Running Start you must meet one of the following:
- ELA Smarter Balance Assessment (Score 3 or 4).
- OR PSAT/SAT Reading (500 or higher).
- OR ACT English (20 or higher).
- OR ACT Reading (21 or higher).
- OR ***Eastmont recommends a GPA of at least a 3.0 if you are considering Running Start.
Running Start Enrollment Process:
If you are interested in Running Start for the 2023-2024 school year, please follow the steps below:
- Watch the Eastmont Running Start Video and read the Wenatchee Valley College Information Packet for Student and Parents.
- Attend a Wenatchee Valley College Information session. Attend an in-person or virtual info session hosted by WVC Running Start Staff by signing up on the college's webpage at: www.wvc.edu/rs.
- See if you meet the requirements to be eligible for Running Start by emailing your high school transcript to: email@example.com. ***Note: Getting approval for Running Start does not mean you have been accepted to Wenatchee Valley College; you will still need to apply (Step 4).
- Complete the Wenatchee Valley College online application.
- Once you receive your welcome letter with your college id number, you will need to meet with your high school counselor to discuss Running Start Expectations, Graduation Requirements, Course Equivalences, and to complete an Enrollment Verification Form.
- Sign up for a "New Student Advising Session" with the college to learn how to register for your college classes.
Additional EHS forms you will need for Running Start:
Additional Wenatchee Valley College Information:
- WVC Course Catalog
- WVC AAS-DT Degree Outline
- Not sure what career is right for you, try WVC Career Coach.
Tips for Completing the Enrollment Verification Form (For Current Running Start Students):
- Download the EVF form from the WVC website to your desktop using Adobe.
- Type in the information in the STUDENT section at the top.
- Scroll down to the bottom and type in your full name and your parent/guardian’s name.
- Save it as an Adobe PDF.
- Then email it to your alpha counselor as an attachment.
- Your counselor will fill out the middle HIGH SCHOOL section.
- Your counselor will also update your Equivalency checklist.
- The completed EVF form will be sent to you and WVC.
- After WVC receives this information, you follow-up with WVC staff and get registered for classes.