Supporting Your Child At Home
Being involved in your child's education is one of the most important ways to help a child be successful. There is much that parents can do at home to be involved. Below are some of the ways parents can be involved.
- Talk with your child about what he/she is learning.
- Review the take home folder each evening with your child.
- Have your child read (or be read to) for 20 minutes each evening.
- Communicate with your child's teacher regularly (don't wait for concerns to arise).
- Establish a regular bed time (8:00 or 8:30 is a good time) and regular wake time.
- Visit the local public library (getting books is so much fun and good for them too!).
- Play games with your child.