English Language Arts
What is my child learning? K-12 English Language Arts Learning Standards
What curriculum is being used to teach my child?
- Kindergarten: Wonders 2017 (McGraw Hill) - ConnectED online student resources
- 1st-4th Grades: Journeys 2017 (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt) - Thinkcentral online student resources
- K-4th Grades: Step Up to Writing
How is my child being assessed? We assess students to find out which learning standards the student has mastered and which standards the student needs more support to fully understand. There are many different types of assessments that teachers use that vary from observation to a standardized test. All students will be assessed with the following standardized assessments:
- K-1st Grade: STAR Early Literacy (Fall, Winter, Spring)
- 2nd-4th Grades: STAR Reading (Fall, Winter, Spring)
- 3rd-4th Grades: ELA Smarter Balanced Assessment
For more information, please contact your child's teacher.